Saturday, March 11, 2006

From Guangzhou

Well we made it to Guangzhou and the White Swan Hotel...and they have great air conditioning. Last night at Nanning we had to leave the windows open because the a/c just didn't produce enough cool ( and the outside temp was only in the upper 70's.). The city traffic noise with honking horns, sirens, etc. was difficult to sleep by...sometime after midnight, the room was cool enough that I could close the windows. Lili has already learned "No" in English and shares it with us when we do things she doesn't like. Today on the bus, we had been telling her she had to sit down.... then she told on Lauren when Lauren was getting out of her seat (quick learner). She has come up to me a couple of times today and given me big hugs... makes my heart skip a beat... we have been very concerned about how long it would take her to warm up to us. Megan and I took Lili and Lauren to dinner last night... and Lili wouldn't eat a thing...not one bite...she just sat there and looked at me with those big brown eyes. Then I remembered that Lori had started feeding her rather than letting Lili do it herself. I asked her if she wanted Mama...and she smiled. I went to the room and brought Lori downstairs and Lili ate everything Lori would offer her. Ahhh, a Momma's touch. We don't have internet in the room here so I'm having to send this from their business center. Lori will try to send some pictures tomorrow. We feel like we're in the home stretch now. Keep the prayers coming. We appreciate all of you. Rick.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning to all ! Ted and I are with your Mom and Dad. We went grocery shopping and helped doctor Grandads wound, which by the way, looks wonderful! Granny has hired a grounds keeper this morning !We all read your updated post and so glad your back to civilization and almost on the last leg of your journey ! It is a bliztering 80 degrees here and threating to storm.
Grandaddy and Granny send their love and prayers, as do Ted and I.
Have a wonderful night !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home