Monday, March 06, 2006

Our first night

We made it through our first night very good. LiLi is so brave and such a trooper. It was heartbreaking to hear her and to watch her right at bedtime, and then for a while during the night. She was really grieving for her foster family. She woke up crying this morning, but within 1 1/2 minutes, she was laughing. We had more paperwork to do today and she did great. I have not yet figured out how to upload pictures, so it appears everyone will have to wait to see her beautiful face. I am absolutely astonished by her personality and beauty. Lauren is being such a great big sister. Many of you knew that I was a little concerned of jealousy, and I know it will happen at times, but I am so thankful that she has taken to little sister so well. She loves it when I give her a job in helping to take care of LiLi. Much Love,Lori

3 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori and Rick,

I am loving reading your posts! LiLi sounds like she is doing wonderful! I'm so happy. I also love hearing about Lauren's reactions. So glad all is going well for everyone. Can't wait to see pictures. (And meet Miss LiLi in person!)

Keep safe and healthy,
Love, Vicki Leihgeber (and Jenna and Allysa)

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you......God bless you! Lori is just glowing in the picture with LiLi! What a beautiful family!

ML

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! How adorable she is! I am so happy things are going smoothly and that LiLi seems to understand that you will be there to take care of her.

The descriptions of Lauren and little sister are heartwarming.
Congratulations!

diana - off to get a tissue :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home